Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Let's Make Poet


Today I want to ended all sadness, all my anger, disappointment and all despair that in this last few day keep me running out of energy and spirit. I want to have fun now. Therefore I've chosen my old 2 poetry, but it seem this two poetry are a bit sad. Or not ... rather kind of aegis trying to accept life as it is and ended up with resignation. Well then. Here it is.

The first poetry entitled Song Of War I made in early 2007 which really just an expression of my weariful heart after constantly reading, listening and seeing news that only contained fights tidings between mass cohort, between ethnic groups, between faith in Indonesia from early 2005 until when I wrote this poetry. Now things are not like in anymore. Not stable yet, but not precarious critical also.

But this poetry are such a portrait of the Indonesian state in those year.

Song Of War

heard the drums of war rung
in a discordant note
darken the listener in the cradle of the rifle and muslin
which full of bloody dreams and
grief

look!
people fight in the street
use deadly weapons
and bullet-like hoops
and little children lose

war begin
like a firework party
hilarious rambunctious
in the midst of fear, pain  and sorrow

and ....
you and I with gun
in the twilight
late to ask for what

the song of war we have brought
with a panting breath at the tip of the machete
repeating the long refrain
just repeat
and repeat
all the time


Pebruary 21th 2007


This second poetry are the conclusion of my whole thought and sense expression of what I felt in those times. After this poetry, the hue of my poetry changed. This is it.

Fall
By : Thaliarani

fallen down tree of life
in life


Pebruary 23th 2007

And now I want to write different poetry. Truly different. Poetry that become the reflection of my feelings and heartstrings today. With the style of old Melayu poetry, so I used a lot of simile allegory. – From now on I would used term ‘Melayu’ to address and explain an Indonesian, because commonly people of all the world everytime heard Malay then address it to people of Malaysia only. We truly one heredition but Indonesia and Malay (read : people of Malaysia) are sheer different --.

Somewhat strange indeed, now I loved the old poetry so I made a lot of poetry which then became a song also with this style. And now I want to make a poetry for distinct, still be like this. Honestly if I have to repute my own style of poetry are forthright, all be cleared and burnt spirit. Almost all my poetry are like this. Now, I make a verse for a song, sure with a gentle and metaphorical style. And it turns out for poetry too. I've changed, apparently. However. The journey of my life had changed me a lot.

Even my spirit are more organized. I still make a vigorous verses for national anthem or patriotic song, but always composed although full of spirit, not as erupted as it used to be. Maybe that's what people called life, you know.

And this is the poetry that I just made this morning.

Ascendant World
By: Thaliarani

I see the horizon
Peep the sky string up
I welcome the rainbow
Pretty beautiful like the whole world
My heart bloom in equanimity
Remembranced by knight of wisdom


May 1, 2018

And as a closing word I wrote this down. Let it be an untitled poetry, let it be the ending of everything - anything I have to live with all this time. In God I surrender.

Thank God I'm glad now
Welcome the day ahead
With spirit and hope
No more heart be shake
Just happy I trust
Prayer I offered
I knew You always listen
All would be true I certain

Thaliarani
Kalian 96 in the roseate morning

No comments: