Saturday, May 19, 2018

How A Leader Should Be


 https://instaud.io/2c2k : how a leader should be

I feel not well for this last two day and my friend visited me last night. But as she not come to visit me who ill, she instead told story about her boss. Although I feel very weak still I listened to her and keep tried to be polite. She said her boss young, well ... about in his 35s that really made my friend's headache. Her boss always "... make strange, difficult and incomprehensible decision, unreasonable, inconspicuous, selfish, unwise, unfeeling, not know the right phrase to describe them," na..... so she said. In short her boss always made decision that should not be made by a leader. He made my friend stressed, tense, upset, bored, fed up, stodgy, but could not do anything nothing.

When I heard her story I only silent and my mind drifted remember my own experience. Knackered !. But I could not stop to think once again about it and analyzing. What should be done in this situation. What is good, what is right, what is veritable, should we be silent, or frontal fight, or step aside? Kinda say…."Well, this is not the right job for me".

What to do? And my head spinning.

But I have to back to my friend, she not give up. According to her, surrender at this point really unworthy. So she havered to her boss on overtop level. Told all the problems she faced. There no easy solution she said. Until her ulcer disease reocccured. And I buxom amused because it very similar to the situation I had experienced several year ago. My ulcer disease did recurred back then. But I remember what I concluded at that time.

I remember vaguely at that time I found new thing that helped me to be patient, calm, and could accept the situation I had to face and finally I could realized the walloping plan of what behind all that thing. There grace from this state of affairs.

I was then-and until now-believed that the statement "The leader born, not be made up" is true. It was the time I’ve been worked 11 year and had changed leader of 6 man. I've seen example of leadership from different people. I feel, experience. And that statement really true. Leadership could be learned, but to be a leader - the real leader – you must got gift endowment. That's hard to find.

What are the actual qualities expected from a leader? How could we say that, --one are good leader, the other one not. Or he wise, but the other he --really selfish. Is not this very subjective in nature ?.

But there are things that I feel, I understand at that time, that good leadership usually obtained on a person with good personality. What he do not always good, but true. Not always kind, but surely right. With
true only as one basis then the other act or do would lead all to the good. Technical skill could be learned, lots of technical move to become leader, but to be true leader that begin by kindness is a seed that must be developed, even if the seed already exist, (actually each of us had a seed of kindness) - if not developed, it would be lost.

Kindness would manifest in wise action, compassion, unselfishness, empathy, deep sympathy. Imagine if it is owned by a leader, his kindness would be contagious, would become a culture, because the energy of his kindness affect all that is beneath him. Undoubtedly all the rules that we need to regulate, control would only be the concept and decoration that must exist as a condition of an organization.

At that time I also had come to conclusion that by looking at how the condition of a company, or organization, regardless of its form, then that's the condition of its leader. If his subordinates are brutal, then his leader must be brutal. If his subordinates are dirty, sluttish, shabby, that's his boss be. If his subordinates are anxious, let alone their boss. It's hard for us at the bottom of the pyramid to make a change, change must start from above, the change would spread downwards.

So I could only smile and calm my friend and say thing or two to make her composed again. I also reminded her to be brave if she have to make a big decision related to it. Decision that usually feared as it flashing in mind. Know what? You have to take a big turn. It mean change your environment. Switch off !

My friend just winced. But I know she understand and accept my words. I used to be so. But I did more brave. I really take a big turn!. And as my thought roaming like that I wished my friend soon back home. (*)

No comments: