Sunday, May 13, 2018

Joget Dhara And Tari Piring


https://youtu.be/Mv9pAqSvN9s : Joget Dhara and Tari Piring

Today (May 12, 2018), my dancer girls performed in a farewell ceremony at SDN 012 Samarinda Kota. They were very excited and the rehearsal yesterday were good. I also glad to see them excited but I wonder why I got nervous ... .hhh ... hopefully no nothing happened.

Early morning they came home, dressed up to perform, all 6 of them. It's been a while since I do this kind of activity long before, I think I would get very nervous or uneasy. Had to make them up – 6 of them on my own. Thank God all I could handle, plus my own daughter and one of mom. I just happy and enjoy.

And, it turn out my nervousness be true. They had butterfly stage fright. When they performed Tari Piring, they forgot the move in minute 3, so I have summoned them to re-performed. Good thing no one's falling mentally. They look good then, there only one girl who still wrong but immediately could fixed the movement to finished complete. This is not an easy dance on the stage if there be a little mistake. One wrong count, chaotic to the end. I summoned them to re-performed because of that. If I who dance, that would be no problem. I just improvised and no one knew cause the show must go on. Ha ha ha….

I was relieved after they finished perform. And satisfied for their results regard they were so stiff and absolutely had no basic for dancing. Even the 'feel' of music and tone not exist. It's hard to expect more from them. So I satisfied.
 
I made the video. Unfortunately, the camera man not understand that Joget Dhara indeed as if stopped in the middle. The video become disconnected as well. And the in plug not smooth. Alright then. I may be less satisfied with the result of the video. But I’m good.
Only in the video there footage also I. Woo .... about this one no coment. Just look at it for yourself. The video not finish smoothly also. I did want to add thing but not bother about 15 minute you tube limit. So let it be. For documentation it sufficed.

 So this is Joget Dhara and Tari Piring, 2 dance that I created from Melayu and Minang (West Sumatera) traditional music.

No comments: