Monday, April 23, 2018

Let Me Dance


Today I very tired taught 2 new dance to the kids. They will not stop. I actually glad they're so excited to learn dancing. But for almost 2 hour trained them, I got tired. It almost noon. And I have not had a break since morning. I had my own dance practice before, do my routine, so tired. I seem to refuse if anyone asked me to exercise again today.

I footworn.
But, some parent asked me if the dance I taught them was my own creation. Of course, yes…!!
I just remember, I did use traditional song and music but the composition I made myself. But I've never told them before. They asked me after saw me when I pleased for help to record a new dance that I finished today. They just knew. I just realized ... maybe I do need to tell this sort of thing at times.

Be this afternoon I take another look at some recording I dance. Usually I not recorded well. But there is one, a dance I have not danced for a while. I always love this dance. The song lyric full of wish to God. And it seemed ... ..it’s like..hhmmm. ..I difficult to describe my feelings about the lyric. I like it because it feel like ….something hard to say.
This dance are Pakarena, meaning the Offering (to God). It make me recalled that I always danced the offering dance from different region. There Riau Malay Pasambahan dance, there Minang West Sumatra Saluang Sambah, Dayak East Kalimantan Leleng and Katyayakathak (India). All this dance I created. I did surprised. I always make offering dance. Pakarena itself originated from South Sulawesi.
Unfortunately I rarely save my dance record. Well ... I would start working on it now. Should be well documented indeed.
I just realized that I've created enough dances. From various region. Looked like I could not heard good music, I must be dance. If my move and motion I remembered and made sequence, then be a dance. Even for music that is not used for dancing, I could make as dance accompaniment. Moreover music that made for dancing. Wow ... bob’s your uncle ...!
But for common people I only teach Dayak dance, Malay dance, Minang dance or modern dance -- if I do have time to made--. For kathak I not teach. The preparation are too long. Not be in a few week or so. Even for the offering dance I only teach on special terms. If just for a show, then no.



And I also like play kinjari (read kan-ja-ri). Kinjari is called by many different name in different region. Some called it tambourine, some call it rabana, some call it bodhran and any other names. I called it kinjari, only I play it like playing a bodhran, with stick just because I could not hit it like a man who played rabana, not strong enough to hit it the way I like with my own finger. So I use a stick. But to say my kinjari as bodhran not proper too, because my kinjari not as big as bodhran. So....it's up to you. Anyway you like. I never learned to play it specifically, though. Just have it, play it whenever I like. It’s enough for me. Feel great.
But seemingly I like the traditional Irish song. So what I recorded are ‘Toss The Feather’ and ‘Haste The Wedding’ - Irish folklore. But I also play Malay song bah ... .. like Bunga Tanjung, or Bunga Nirwana or Kuala Deli. Now and again I play also to accompany the music like gamelan, but I feel bored instantly by its so monotonous beats. No fun for me. Seemed like I love an excite and swirling song or music more.
Unfortunately, I rarely have time to play. I hope I'll have more time to play it in future.


And this one.. ... .This video are a recording of a routine every Friday at my house. Darshak (reading the Geeta holy scripture) and kirtan (singing offering song to God). This is kirtan part. And all the song I sung with my two son are my own songs. I've made almost 40 song of this kind in Bahasa Indonesia and Sanskrit. I think I would make some more.
Eee ... ..this is then my sharing today, Rani's fun.
I had fun doing all this, having fun also sharing it.

Vedi amico amo

Bah…. : idiom expression such in “no way ehhh…”
Vedi amico amo : see you later




No comments: