Thursday, April 19, 2018

Be Consultant, Why Not ?


All day yesterday (4/17/2018) I spent time discussing with my friend. At first it was not a discussion. Just talking which I used to say as ‘talk chit’ – this is the phrase I made myself to told the shape and form of talking--  aka chit chat, ….just as usual between friend talking. But the more we talk, we ended up be so serious. Indeed my friend usually able to make something ordinary, something plain and simple became so serious thing. What once light then become heavy. Usually I just shook my head and rolled my eyes, if he did it. But ... Mai ... what could I say. It is always fun to talk to him.

But that's not thing I want to share here. All I want to say is that;  life ... .. I kinda hard to say it….. Eennggg… How about this? I just write down what I talk chit with my friend first.
By the way, actually my friend are not an ordinary person. In a sense not a person whose profession commonly known in everyday association. The field of work that he do not a field that commonly encountered by most people in everyday life. Not just an entrepreneur, or an office employee or shot artist. But he a consultant. Military consultant. Holy… ... .splendour me. Have a military consultant friend.

And I so click to talk to him even though I never thought that I really interested in the military before. Although he always said "... the military not for women ...." Ha ha ha ... I always laugh when he reminded me like that. But it seem to me I just connect every time I talk to him a bit military, or pique tip a little about military. At time I also need proven for my writing when my writing discussed about defense system. And he always give me such as military advice so to say. So enough to say I click pat with him. In fact he once made a joke to me, "... luckily you're an artist, if you entered the army since youth, you've become minister of defense now ..." Wow ... I was surprised. Off trolley…!

But what I talked about with him yesterday was not a purely military matter. Only financial and management issue, but in the military chamber. He asked ‘this’ and ‘that’. I answer ‘be like this’ ‘be like that’. He asked ‘if like this, what I do’. And I said ‘not to piss, just do and do’. And finally the talk chit ended up as I be a consultant such in a consultant session on finance and management.

Ah ... I always amused when things go this way. Though we just want to talk in the beginning, but it seem his problem ergo very serious. So I became serious too. We ended up be so serious. And from this serious conversation I come to the conclusion I had made several year before. I think I've summed it up about 2 year after I quit from my job in 2009. That in today's day it's hard to find a reliable human resource in the sense of a person who done integrity and have dignity. In fact only just two thing for anyone who devote truly to his work, -and he sure could be success. Just how rare man is like this nowadays.

As a result people develop a variety of management systems to cover up the absence of it. People then set various rule that sometime twisted blundered in attempt to mask that absence. From this conversation I even dare to conclude that so many management theories are totally useless if there an integrity and dignity from the people involved. Even, many theories will never be born if people still have integrity and dignity.

I also see my second conclusion at that time about this, are also true. That it's hard to find an honest person today. In cool language 'people who true to the truth'. This I proved after listening to my friend’s complaint, --which he said after he listened to my long speech on how to keep an eye on the financial record and statement -- that he just realized that there are many people who 'steal' from him. I just smiled. And I said. "... Ooh .. surely yes..". The answer that made his forehead furrowed again.
Certainly. Why? Because my friend not know how to take care of his finances. Not know how to control even small fraud. Yes answer would be certain right?

But, at least he already had picture of what to do if he intended to improve his situation. He also asked me to want to talk to him like this at least, so he could see more clearly his problem. Because he also not really understand my words, "Problems like this should be seen case by case, then we determine the solution step by step. But if it come to this stage, talk chit not enough anymore”.
Anyway I happy, apparently,  even though I've been leaving employ and worker world for quite some time, I still remember everything I've ever done before. My friend asked if I would be asked to be his consultant. I just laughed. I think I've had this offer before, which I have to refuse because I've started to live a monastic life. But this time kind of, I would say yes. 

Well, just wait and see. His business unusual. I've never been in military business. I entered a public company, a service company, now and again pay attention to the system in government and official state -- I remembered when I was a kid I've always pay attention to my abah work, pay attention and fussy asked about the flow of his work in Money And Chamberlain State Office. If I remember now it seemed like I really made him had trouble. And I still have this habit to this day every time I made contact with government people ---, but I have never been in military. I think there should be a special treatment here. I really interested.

Actually I've been discussing with him quite a lot – I asked him, for more accurate -- about defense system, about  soldiers, about patriotism, bla bla bla military. Because those are thing I criticism many in my writing. But I just asked about it to get information while I have not had time to think about system that run in defense and military, like how to take care of their people, how to manage their logistic, or take care of military supplies. I usually never have room to look in and thought about it. This job offer forced me to think about it now. 

My friend also often helped me when I have trouble understanding military matter such as weaponry or military strategy –subject I like to write --even he could patiently taught me what the difference between gun machine with cannon mountain, or why tank so heavy and stilted stack with humvee for instance. Well ... things which not very feminine but at times I fervently interested. 

So that's it. I having fun. Hey ... maybe I've got a new job started today. Yes ... !! 

PS:
After all of this still I have to answer what I wrote in the previous about life, that; It fall out we always live in a system. There a system that easy to see, many not. But regularity and orderliness in life could only be achieved if the system worked well. And in the end the good system would give payback and felt as an easy life. That's the conclusion. My conclusion and finale my writing this time.
Ciaao

No comments: